Monday, June 4, 2012

life

wow so much had happened since i wrote last. we found this amazing house...but we are having to wait to move in. our out date on our last house was may 15th and our in date on the new house is june 15th. so for the time being we are houseless. (not homeless, we have great family that is letting us stay in there home) but through this moving process we are being tested even more. this time i want to be joyful through the hardship. i have been learning that i need to trust jesus completely. yesterday the church service was wonderful. the pastor was reading from 2 corinthians 12 and how paul was thankful for the thorn in his side. and i made a decision as i took communion and remembered the pain that he suffered on the cross, that i could get though anything. as the last song ended i stood to go get something from my mom. my brother greeted me at the door of highschool saying that mom was on the phone with the storage unit place and that one of our three units has been broken into. (we had to move everything we owned into storage units for our houseless period.) I didn't know quite what to do. nothing really sank in. it was like it wasn't that big of a deal. i remember my friends mom saying hey you might be able to get a new bedroom set. no. i didn't want to think of that possibility. on the way to our unit i was struck with the thought that we had only taken the $2000 policy out on the unit my beds are worth so much more than that. no. i am not going to think about it. we get to the place the lady who works there runs in front of our car leading us to the unit we last filled. she opens the door. my antique wood beds that my great aunt gave me are gone! not there. the unit is a mess. my stuff throne everywhere.i loose it. i burst into tears. i don't know what to do. there is nothing i can do. we file a police report we head back to grandma's. we make lists of what we lost. but in my heart now i feel peace. yes i will miss laying in my bed at night feeling the wood inlay the curve of the headboard. but i have those memory's. i am fine my  family is all here we weren't hurt. though it hurts. i want to find the joy. i want to find GOD's beauty in this.

johanna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...